Y’all day after sessions are the biggest thing that I wish had existed when I got married. It is genius and it doesn’t literally have to be the day after your wedding. But let me tell you my top 5 reasons for why I.AM.OBSESSED.
- 1. You can go somewhere gorgeous. So many people these days are eloping in amazing locations and man I love elopements, but it is not for everyone. Are you drawn to adventure elopements but don’t want to give up the big wedding? The day after session is for you. It gives you the opportunity to go somewhere gorgeous and spend time with your new spouse and just enjoy each other and enjoy a gorgeous location that may be special to y’all.
- 2. Less stress the day of your wedding. SO much is going on the day of your wedding. All of your loved ones have gathered together. You are nervous. You are all over the place. There is a schedule. It is an amazing day. A great way to lose some stress is to make a couple cuts to your day. When you move most of your portraits to the next day (or week or month) you free up time to giggle a little more with your girls. To pop that extra bottle of champagne. To sneak away with your new spouse for a few extra minutes and be totally alone. Less portraits day of, means more time with friends, not missing your cocktail hour and lots of candid photos!
- 3. You get an extra day to celebrate and this time it is intimate and relaxed. No one is telling you where to go and what to do. You just get to adventure around and have a blast being in love!
- 4. You don’t have to fear getting your dress dirty before you walk down the aisle or walk into your reception. Nuff said.
- 5. Did I mention walking down the aisle… so many of my couples aren’t too keen on the first look and I totally get it. While I love first looks, I love day after sessions even more. You still get that moment of seeing each other for the first time walking down the aisle AND you still get SO SO SO MANY amazing portraits.
Truthfully it is the best of both/all worlds. So if this sounds up your alley, let’s chat and make this happen! I am SO down <3
PS. we can also do this session on your honeymoon <3